Extra virgin olive oil has become quite popular over the years. In fact, it has become a part of the culture. Our attitude towards what we eat has changed a lot in the past few decades. In today’s world, we are extra careful about the health aspects of the food we consume. Food related programs on TV are big hits. Well, we have to agree to the fact that certain chefs played a big role in popularizing extra virgin olive oil through their programs. Since there are plenty of benefits attached to EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil|), it is here to stay for sure. We all like to do some experiments in our kitchens, do we not? It is an exciting prospect for sure. You might have lot of queries regarding EVOO. Well, we are here to answer few of those questions. We are more than happy to share the wisdom we possess on the same for that matter.
Major benefits of extra virgin olive oil
Well, let’s have a look at the major benefits of extra virgin olive oil below:
- EVOO has the ability to reduce the risk of heart diseases. Since oil is regarded as the biggest enabler of cardiovascular diseases, one needs to be really careful. EVOO has never been accused of the same.
- EVOO has the ability to improve the health of your brain. Yes, EVOO is really good for your brain. It helps your brain to function in the optimum fashion.
- EVOO reduces the risk of Osteoporosis. If someone in your family runs the risk of Osteoporosis you can rely on EVOO to fight it. Studies have proven the same.
- If you wish to reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes, then EVOO is your best bet. Yes, as per studies, it has the ability to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes which is quite common these days. This is a lifestyle disease which stems from your unhealthy food habits as well. Use EVOO on a daily basis and you will protect yourself from the risk of type-2 diabetes.
- Obesity is a big problem we all stare at in the modern world, largely thanks to the unhealthy eating habits we possess. Unhealthy oil consumption can have a direct impact on obesity. EVOO poses no such risk. You will not have to worry about obesity at all when it comes to EVOO.
- Another good thing about EVOO is that it reduces the risk of stroke as well.
We have just seen the major advantages attached to extra virgin olive oil. With these many benefits, you should opt for EVOO over other choices. Both the body and mind will benefit when you use extra virgin olive oil. But when you speak to a dietician, you will have to listen to his advice as well on the same. Thanks to the health benefits, we can easily say that extra virgin olive oil is a miracle in every aspect. That clearly explains the popularity it enjoys.